We are currently seeking a seasoned accounting professional for our Manager of Audit role. The Manager of Audit is a strategic leadership position that will help maintain the firm’s standard of unparalleled service to our clients, as we help them navigate the many financial aspects of their business. You will be responsible for providing financial reporting, consulting, and other specialized services.
What you will do:
- Understand rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA
- Primarily oversee audit engagements supplemented by some review and compilation engagement oversight.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have a specific specialization, such as employee benefit plans auditing, governmental auditing, business valuation certification, etc.
- Oversee and assist with staff development through direct on the job coaching
- Provide feedback to senior managers and principals in evaluation of staff
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
- Assist in firm administrative functions as assigned by senior managers and principals
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a similar degree in Business
- CPA license
- At least four-to-six (4-6) years of public accounting experience
- Strong GAAP knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
We offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, match and profit sharing
- Opportunity for growth and development
- A fun and engaging team to work with
If this sounds interesting and you would like to join our Walz Group team, please complete the application form below and include your resume and cover letter.