We are seeking an experienced, motivated and dynamic marketing and communications professional for our open Marketing and Business Development Specialist role. Working with the Firm’s HR/ Marketing Manager, the Marketing and Business Development Specialist will help plan, develop and manage the Firm’s end-to-end marketing and business development efforts. The ideal candidate will create and leverage content-driven marketing communications to enhance firm brand awareness; extend the firm’s brand messaging through various complementary materials/resources for sales proposals, brochures, and web content; explore new promotional opportunities; help foster business relationships that increase sales opportunities; and help usher sales prospects through our internal proposal process.
What you will do:
- Understand the division and firm’s business growth objectives as it relates to development and execution of a successful marketing strategy.
- Understand the Firm’s personnel, resources, and capabilities.
- Manage, develop, and update various client, marketing, and sales materials.
- Manage and update Firm’s website and social media content and activities.
- Help manage and support Firm public relations and advertising campaigns.
- Develop client communications including newsletters and other marketing collateral.
- Help plan and manage all Firm external events and engagements.
- Interface with direct marketing vendors on various marketing campaigns and/or components.
- Help manage and create sales proposals for prospective clients; be the main point of contact for all initial sales inquiries.
- Assist HR/Marketing Mgr. to create recruiting campaigns in line with the Firm’s overall brand and market position.
- Develop persuasive presentations and pitches to prospective clients.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, market conditions and competitors.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related business degree preferable.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of marketing/communications related experience in a professional service or related industry.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute, while focusing on the details, commitment to quality and timely completion of projects.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- WordPress Content Management System experience and knowledge preferred.
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
We offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, match and profit sharing
- Opportunity for growth and development
- A fun and engaging team to work with
If this sounds interesting and you would like to join our Walz Group team, please complete the application form below and include your resume and cover letter.
NOTE: Candidates should also include 2-3 writing samples (no more than 600 words each) with your resume and cover letter.