Jeremy joined the Walz Group after working in the tax division of a large national accounting firm. As a Principal, he provides leadership within the firm’s Tax Planning and Reporting Division. Some of his responsibilities include scheduling client work, supervising staff and managing the quality for tax services/products.
Jeremy supports clients in all types of industries and prepares complex returns for both businesses and individuals.
Areas of Expertise
- Tax planning and reporting for: corporations, S-corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and sole proprietors
- Multi-state taxation
- International taxation – specifically Canada
- Sales and use tax
- Tax planning
- Tax planning and reporting for professional athletes
- Refund claims from prior periods / Appeals of assessment from various jurisdictions
- Speaking / Presenting seminars on various topics to both civil and professional groups
Education, Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Messiah College – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Villanova University – Masters in Taxation
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Executive Committee Member, SC Chapter
- Board member (Treasurer) – Lititz Area Mennonite School (LAMS)
- Participates in mission trips around the country and abroad
- Young adult group leader for church
Jeremy has been on a mission trip to Haiti, where he slept on a roof for an entire week.