Currently, Walz Group is looking for a seasoned tax accounting professional for our Manager – Tax Accounting role. The Manager is a strategic leadership position that will help maintain the firm’s standard of unparalleled service to our clients, as we help them navigate the many financial aspects of their business. As a leader on our Tax team, you will provide compliance, consulting, and tax outsourcing services.
What you will do:
- Understand rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA
- Act as a strategic leader for the organization and trusted tax consultant for clients
- Consult on technical matters and assist with tax research, dispute resolution correspondence, and other special tax projects
- Review tax returns, workpapers, adjusted trial balances, depreciation schedules
- Research various tax matters, responding to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Assist with staff development through direct on the job coaching.
- Handle new projects
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm
- Display professional behaviors in and out of the workplace
- Follow the Firm’s and department’s policies and procedures
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, or a similar degree in business
- CPA required
- Have strong expertise with at least four (4) years of tax accounting experience with individual, partnership and corporate tax experience
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to project manage multiple concurrent projects
- Commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects, , while focusing on the details
- Great people skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
We offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work environment
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time off
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunity for growth and development
- A fun and engaging team to work with
If this sounds interesting and you would like to join our Walz Group team, please complete the application form below and include your resume and cover letter.