Careers at Walz Group
Senior Manager – Tax Accounting
We are looking for a seasoned tax accounting professional and leader for our Senior Manager – Tax Accounting role. This Senior Manager role is an established, strategic leadership position in the firm that will help maintain our standard of unparalleled service and commitment to our clients, as we help them navigate the many financial aspects of their business.
What you will do:
- Understand rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Act as a strategic leader for the organization and trusted tax consultant for clients.
- Consult on technical matters and assist with tax research, dispute resolution correspondence, and other special tax projects.
- Review tax returns, workpapers, adjusted trial balances, depreciation schedules.
- Oversee and assist with staff development through direct on the job coaching.
- Research various tax matters, responding to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Understand the division and firm’s objectives as it relates to the interplay of service, efficiency, and leveraging and how these affect the profitability of the firm.
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, or a similar degree in business.
- CPA required.
- Have strong expertise with six plus (6+) years of tax accounting experience and is well-versed in Corporate, S Corporation and Partnership taxation.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have a experience in Trust and Estate taxation
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically and execute, while focusing on the details, commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Experience in managing a complex book of business.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have a experience in Trust and Estate work
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Great people skills and enjoys leading people.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, as well as Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
We offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, match and profit sharing
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Flexible work environment with opportunity to work remotely
- A fun and engaging team to work with
If this sounds interesting and you would like to join our Walz Group team, please complete the application form below, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.