Walz Group is a cohesive team of financial professionals and business experts in the Lancaster, PA area who passionately advance our clients’ monetary and organizational goals. Within our CPA firm, we adopt the philosophy of ultimate accountability, our promise to deliver tailored, personal, and expert services to our clients on every job, every time. We provide our clients with the best knowledge base, the highest degree of personalized support, and a full breadth of expertise in accounting, auditing, tax, and business management services.
Currently we are looking for a seasoned Senior Accountant for our Tax Division to help maintain the firm’s standard of unparalleled service to our clients, as we help them navigate the many financial aspects of their business. The Senior Accountant will be a key member of our Tax team and will provide compliance, consulting, and tax outsourcing services, with opportunity for advancement.
- Understand rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA
- Provide tax compliance, consulting and outsourcing services to partnerships, individuals, and corporations
- Assist with tax research, dispute resolution correspondence, and other special tax projects.
- Prepare tax returns, workpapers, adjusted trial balances, depreciation schedules.
- Oversee and assist with staff development through direct on the job coaching.
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and growth and development opportunities
- Display professional behaviors in and out of the workplace
- Follow the firm’s and the department’s policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license preferred
- Three (3) plus years of experience in corporate, partnership and individual tax accounting
- General understanding of accounting principles
- Strong time management, communication, interpersonal skills, team collaboration, problem solving skills, work independently and the ability to manage concurrent projects
- Experience with 1040 preparation desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products
We offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan, match and profit sharing
- CPA exam reimbursement program
- Company paid membership to AICPA with successful completion of CPA exam
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Flexible work environment with opportunity to work remotely
- A fun and engaging team to work with
If this sounds interesting and you would like to join our Walz Group team, please share your resume and complete the application below.