Tim has 30 years of experience in public accounting, 15+ years with Walz Group. Throughout Tim’s career he has provided businesses and their owners with proactive and expert services tailored to their situation and needs. He provides personal/business consulting, accounting, auditing and tax services to clients in various business industries with some concentration in the construction and medical services categories.
Tim’s goal is to gain an extensive and complete understanding of his clients’ personal and business needs and to focus on where they want to go, while providing them the tools and guidance on how to get there. Over the course of Tim’s 30 year career he has developed a professional network of individuals and firms that are able to assist him in servicing his clients in identified areas of need such as: insurance, research & development credits, cost segregation, financial planning and wealth management, legal and various other areas.
Tim is a strong advocate of the BDO Alliance USA, in which Walz is an independent member. Being a part of this association gives Walz access to an International Accounting and Consulting firm with world class tools, resources and education.
Areas of Expertise
- Business consulting services such as: financial statement analysis for maximizing bonding and/or bank financing, choice of entity, “S” vs. “C” corporation, IRS and state audit support, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Business/owner succession planning
- Merger and Acquisition structure and planning
- Financial statement preparation and consulting, tax planning for business and personal taxes
- Employee benefit plan auditing (401k, defined benefit and ESOP plans)
Education, Certifications & Professional AFFILIATIONS
- Millersville University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Board member, Executive Committee member and current Treasurer of the Keystone Chapter of the Associated Builders & Contractors
- Member of the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and the Building Industry Association
- Long-time volunteer for the MS Society
- Volunteers time to various non-profit associations
Tim is an avid cyclist and enjoys mountain and road bike riding.