Dan brings over 15 years of experience to the firm’s clients. He performs audit services for clients in many industries, focusing on construction, entertainment production, and not-for-profit entities. Before becoming a manager in the firm’s Auditing Division, Dan spent the first part of his career in the Accounting and Consulting Division, providing services to a wide range of clientele.
During this tenure with the firm, Dan has been instrumental in an number of initiatives, including moving to a paperless work product, implementing data mining software, and creating the firm’s Ultimate Account blog. In addition to his many contributions to the blog, Dan’s writing has frequently appeared in the publications of the Building Industry Association and the Associated Builders and Contractors among others. Dan has also provided oversight and direction within the firm’s back office services, which provide bookkeeping and controllership functions for several corporate and not-for-profit clients.
Clients who work with Dan appreciate his attention to detail, his communication skills and his commitment to provide a high level of personalized service.
Areas of Expertise
- Audits of construction contractors
- Audits of not-for-profit entities
- Design and implementation of internal control systems
Education, Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Franklin & Marshall College – Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance) and Mathematics
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Serves as treasurer for Mom’s House of Lancaster
- 2018 Chairman of the C.O.R.E. Task Force for the Keystone Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors
- Volunteers his time to the youth group at Grandview United Methodist Church
- Past board chairman of Humane League of Lancaster County