Kevin began his professional accounting career with Walz Group upon graduation from college and has nearly 10 years of experience with the firm. Kevin specializes in audit services, but during his career at Walz Group, Kevin has displayed deft versatility, which has allowed him to serve clients of varying sizes and complexity. Kevin has used this array of experience to not only understand the big-picture goals of companies but also the day-to-day challenges that they face, not only in achieving their goals but also in maintaining their accounting records. Kevin oversees the firm’s Construction Focus Group and is tasked with keeping the firm up to date on current trends within the industry.
During his tenure, Kevin has been involved with ensuring the firm is producing financial statements of the highest quality. He frequently monitors the Financial Accounting Standards Board for new accounting standards that are is-sued and then evaluates and projects the impact that the new pronouncements will have on the firm’s clientele. Kev-in continues to oversee the implementation of the recent revenue recognition accounting standard. He has not only planned, developed and led internal and external educational sessions to make sure that companies and the firm are appropriately addressing the sweeping effects of this new standard but he has also generated tools and templates to make adhering to the pronouncement easier.
For Kevin, building a solid and trusting relationship with the clients he works with is of the utmost importance. He understands that in order to provide tailored services to each client, it is necessary to have a strong knowledge not only of operations, but of the people as well.
Areas of Expertise
• Audits of privately-owned entities, including construction and manufacturing
• Audits of Employee Benefit Plans
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
• James Madison University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (major in Accounting)
- Masters of Science in Accounting (Accounting Information Systems Concentration)
• Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Member
• Chair of the Education Committee with Children’s Museum of Lancaster (Hands-on House), Former Board Chair
• Keystone Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors – Member of Education Committee