Matt Grove recently joined the Walz Group as a Senior Manager in our tax division, where he specializes in assisting clients on day-to-day tax matters, tax special projects, and other tax consulting services. Matt comes from a top 10 national accounting firm where he provided tax consulting and compliance services to clients ranging from closely held businesses to publicly-held multinational corporations.
In addition to focusing on client service, Matt is responsible for managing client engagements, promoting staff development, and contributing to firm communications on tax technical matters.
Client experience spans several industries including professional services, construction and real estate, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, food services, transportation, utilities, hospitality, entertainment, and education.
Areas of Expertise
- Tax planning
- Tax consulting and advisory
- Development and refinement of internal processes and procedures
- Assisting clients with tax audits and tax notice resolution for various authorities
Education, Certifications & Professional AFFILIATIONS
- M.S. Taxation, Villanova University
- B.S. Accounting, York College of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- QuickBooks Online Certified
- Central PA Congressional Internship Association, Treasurer
- Rotarian, Uptown York Chapter
- York Young Professionals
- Leadership Training Program of York 2018 Graduate
- Eagle Scout (Troop 155, Red Lion, PA)